Born on April 9, 1955 in Jaipur, Rajasthan Piyush Pandey is the Executive Chairman and Creative Director of Ogilvy & Mather Advertising in Mumbai.
Awards : National
- Piyush has been named the Most Influential Advertising Man in India by Economic Times, the leading business daily, 9 years in row. He has won over 500 national awards for his work in advertising. More than any other Indian in the history of Indian advertising.
- He was voted Asia-Pacific's Creative Person of the Year in 2002 by Media Asia. He was the first Asian in 51 years to head the Cannes Advertising Festival Jury in 2004. Under his leadership, Ogilvy & Mather India has won over 40 Cannes Lions. More than any other agency in India. Piyush was given the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Advertising Agencies Association of India in 2010.
- Clio, one of the most respected global advertising organisations in the world also conferred the Lifetime Achievement Award to Piyush in 2012. He is the first Indian to receive this recognition.
Piyush has represented India at almost all International Advertising Festival juries in the world. He is the best known face of Indian Advertising in the international arena and has spoken at prestigious forums all over the globe about India and Indian Advertising.
Some of Piyush's Most Memorable Landmark Campaigns :
- The 'Kuch khaas hai hum sabhi mein' campaign for Cadbury.
- The 'Dum laga ke haisha' campaign for Fevicol.
- The 'Har ghar kuch kehta hai' campaign for Asian Paints.
- The 'Boy and Dog' campaign for Hutch.
- The 'Zoozoos' campaign for Vodafone.
- The 'Reunion' campaign for Google Search.
- Most recently, Piyush spearheaded the BJP mass media campaign in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, coining the most memorable campaign line of 2014… 'Ab Ki Baar Modi Sarkaar'.
Public Service Work :
- Piyush has worked alongside the Ministry of Health and UNICEF on the Polio campaign. The campaign helped reach a stage where India was declared Polio-free in February 2014.
- This campaign is just another jewel in Piyush's long list of public service work, which began when he penned the lyrics of 'Mile Sur Mera Tumhara', an initiative by Lok Seva Sansar Parishad in 1987.
- Piyush's other notable works include 'Chalo Padhayen, Kuch Kar Dikhayen' for the National Literacy Mission in 1992 that encouraged the people of India to join the movement of teaching the illiterate across the country. And the anti-smoking campaigns for Cancer Patients Aid Association (CPAA), one of which was voted the best public service commercial in Asia in 2002.
- He has worked on the Heroes Project with The Richard Gere Foundation, helping spread awareness and educate people about HIV / AIDS.
Other National Interest Campaigns - Promotion of Tourism & Sports :
- Piyush has utilised his communication skills not only for social causes but also for other activities of national interest.
- He masterminded the 'Incredible India!' campaign for the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, which drew millions of tourists into the country.
- Over the last few years, he has worked with the Government of Gujarat on the 'Khushboo Gujarat Ki' campaign which has made Gujarat a preferred tourist destination in India. The Government of India also recognised the Gujarat Tourism campaign and named it the Best Campaign of the Year in 2012.
- Piyush also spearheaded the Madhya Pradesh Tourism campaign 'The heart of Incredible India'. This campaign helped Madhya Pradesh become the 6th most preferred destination in India in 2010, rising up from the 14th position in 2006.
- Piyush combined his communication skills with his passion for the cricket to help the Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) win the bid for 2011 Cricket World Cup. His partnership with BCCI was further extended when he partnered them in launching the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Other Achievements :
- He is recognised to be the first one to have brought Indian culture and flavour in communication in all his work. As a result, Walt Disney got him to Indianise their world famous films, Alladin and The Lion King.
Piyush has also co-written Bhopal Express, a film on the Bhopal gas tragedy. This film was screened at the Berlin Film Festival.
- He is also a Ranji Trophy cricketer, having played for the state of Rajasthan for 3 years (1976– 1979).
Captained the Delhi University cricket team, which won the All India Rohinton Baria trophy in 1979.
- Nizar Juma
- H. H. Vishwaguru Mahamandaleshwar Paramhans
- Mangal Prabhat Lodha
- Justice Mrs. Gyan Sudha Misra
- Dr. Santrupt B. Misra
- Robin Raina
- Mayank Pareek
- Rakesh Kumar Shukla
- Piyush Pandey
- Vimal Kumar Sharma
- Munish Gupta
- Dr. Nandita Palshetkar
- Late Sh. Munnu Kasliwal
- Dr. Keshav Singhal
- DR. Diwakar Sukul
- Pt. Mukesh Bhardwaj
- Ravi Shankar Pujari
- Radhey Sharan Khandelwal
- RoopaRam Meghwal
- Vijay Goel
- Vijay Bhaskar
- Dr. Rajeev Gupta
- Himanshu Kumar
- Gajanand Gupta
- Shashank Pande