Chief Operating Officer (Marketing & Sales)
Muruti Suzuki India Limited
Educational Background :
Management Graduate (Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore)
Professional Experience :
Joined Maruti Suzuki India Limited in 1991 and has rich experience of diverse business functions such as Marketing, Sales, Corporate Planning and Dealer Development. He has over 23 years of experience in the automobile industry.
Present Assignment :
Mr. Pareek heads the Marketing & Sales Vertical. The company launched a range of 7 successful models in a span of three years when Mayank has been the head of Marketing.
He has devised effective campaigns to display the shift of the Company's image from a `small car maker' to a manufacturer that offers `full range of cars'.
Over the past few years, MSIL's product range is enhanced and a changing design philosophy is evident in the newer products. Mr. Pareek has led his team to provide the right marketing support that complements this changing fabric that helps to connect more closely with the customer. He has worked on many brands like Swift, Dzire, SX4, Ritz, A-star, Estilo to name a few along with the corporate brand Maruti Suzuki –India Comes Home.
In his long career at Maruti, he has been closely associated with dealer expansion as well as Maruti's new business initiatives (like Finance, Insurance True value etc.) From increasing presence in Urban India to devising effective strategies for penetration in semi-urban, rural cities, Mr. Pareek ably supported by his energetic team vouch for customer satisfaction in every thing that they do.
Some other initiatives undertaken by his team include Special Schemes that carve out new segments amongst customers for incremental sales (Panchayat, Wheels of India, teachers, Corporates etc.) dedicated sales forces for products and initiatives, focus dealer network expansion and profitability etc.
As the head of the Marketing and Sales functions, Mr. Pareek delves into the business details from dealer appointments to sales to market research to advertising to field staff to institutional selling to name some. He is also the Chairman and Director of Maruti Insurance Broking Private Limited.
1. CMO in World CMO Council and member of MRUC governing body.
2. Member of the supervisory Board of “NCAER-Centre for Macro Consumer Research” taking forward the new research on the consumers and changing consumption pattern of the same.
3. He was the chairman of “SIAM Retail Group” a committee under SIAM (an Industrial body of all Indian Automotive manufacturers) where he took many new initiatives for the growth of Retails.
4. He is a member of the CII Naional Committee on Marketing and has always been an active participant in different forums of CII, FICCI and FADA etc.
5. He is also a member of Indian Society of Advertisers (ISA) and on the Governing council of ASDC i.e. Automotive Skill Development Council.
6. He has been chosen as the “Power Brands Hall of Fame Most Iconic Marketing Professional of the Year” in the Indian Power Brands edition
Recently, Mr. Mayank Pareek, COO (M&S), was awarded the prestigious Marketer of the year (Automobiles) by IAA leadership awards.
- Nizar Juma
- H. H. Vishwaguru Mahamandaleshwar Paramhans
- Mangal Prabhat Lodha
- Justice Mrs. Gyan Sudha Misra
- Dr. Santrupt B. Misra
- Robin Raina
- Mayank Pareek
- Rakesh Kumar Shukla
- Piyush Pandey
- Vimal Kumar Sharma
- Munish Gupta
- Dr. Nandita Palshetkar
- Late Sh. Munnu Kasliwal
- Dr. Keshav Singhal
- DR. Diwakar Sukul
- Pt. Mukesh Bhardwaj
- Ravi Shankar Pujari
- Radhey Sharan Khandelwal
- RoopaRam Meghwal
- Vijay Goel
- Vijay Bhaskar
- Dr. Rajeev Gupta
- Himanshu Kumar
- Gajanand Gupta
- Shashank Pande